Having only experimented with food photography a couple of times, I now have a confidence in doing this in a way that looks professional. This is all thanks to the amazing and supportive photography tips from Jane and styling tips from Nikki. I recommend this course to anyone interested in this field of photography and wanting to make quick progress and see results during the day. Emma
Suitable for people with smartphones or cameras.
Sunday 1st December 2019. 10.30am-4.00pm. Wilmslow.
£135pp. SOLD OUT Please watch out for our next seasonal food photography workshops in 2020.
If you’d like to be contacted by email when the new dates are available sign up for the newsletter below.
Kick off the festive season with this wonderful workshop. Learn how to ethically style a stunning Christmas table and how to style and photograph seasonal dishes like a pro.
Professional interior stylist and art director Karen Barlow will show you how to create an ethical Christmas table, using sustainable and foraged materials. Her beautiful table setting will then form the backdrop to our delicious lunch and our food photographs.
I will share my expertise on styling and photographing festive food and then guide you, as you set up your own shots. Whether you are using a smartphone or a camera I will show you how to get the best out of it, to create professional looking shots for Instagram, your blog or business.
On this workshop you will learn how to set up simple but stunning food and drink shots, using a range of different backgrounds and props. You will learn which camera settings to use and you will see a dramatic improvement in your photography and your confidence.
Here’s an idea of what you will learn:
- The best kit for photographing food (without spending a fortune).
- How to set up your shooting area.
- How to adapt the natural daylight to create light and bright or dark and moody shots.
- How to style the food and props.
- How to shoot close up photographs. How to blur the background and get your subject to stand out.
- Simple composition techniques and getting creative with colour, textures and patterns.
- How to do simple edits, such as cropping, straightening, adding text and more, using freely available software.
Who is the workshop suitable for:
- Anyone starting out in food photography.
- Food bloggers.
- Food Instagrammers
- Restaurant, pub and cafe owners.
- Artisan bakers, cake makers and chefs.
- People who love cooking as a hobby and want to photograph and show off their masterpieces
Your tutors are:
Click on the link to view my portfolios on the Jane Burkinshaw Photography website. I have been running photography workshops for ten years and love sharing my passion for creating beautiful images. Read some of the lovely testimonials for Love Your Lens workshops.
Karen Barlow – Manchester based interior designer, stylist and art director.
The workshop takes place at Nikki’s modern and spacious home in Wilmslow, Cheshire. This beautiful space has been used for shoots for Cheshire Life and Made.com and is the perfect backdrop for our festive table and photographs.
Nikki is a fully qualified Naturopath, Clinical Nutritionist and Medical Herbalist and women’s hormone expert. Visit her website Nikki Hill Apothecary.
Nikki will serve a delicious and healthy festive lunch, using seasonal and locally sourced ingredients.
Included in the price of each course: • Refreshments & a delicious lunch. • A seasonal goody bag. A digital copy of the course material •Membership of a private Facebook Group.
GIFT VOUCHERS are available. Contact me to buy your gift voucher.