Wednesday 29th June 2022
9.30am - 3.00pm £95pp
If you want to move beyond snapshots and create images that really connect with people then you will love this workshop! Great images are the ones that tell a story and where you are moved to feel something; they make you laugh, feel joy, feel awe, feel hungry and so on. The viewer feels like the photographer felt when they took the picture and knows exactly what they wanted to communicate. This is a photography skill that I am fascinated by and driven by. And it doesn't require expensive cameras and lenses. You see the story and capture it, not the equipment you're using.
Here’s an idea of what will be covered:
- Basic phone and camera skills.
- How to tell stories and create emotions in your photographs.
- Why are you taking the photograph and what do you want to say.
- How to use light, colour, composition and editing to communicate your story.
- Learning to pay attention and to see differently.
- How to edit your image to strengthen the message.
You are in for a real treat with the location for this workshop! Toolerstone is a not for profit ‘creative escape’ situated in private gardens in the Cheshire village of Sandiway. The spacious light and airy glass class room is perfect for photography and the formal gardens are a complete delight.
Included in the price of each course:
- A digital copy of the course material.
- A delicious home made light lunch and refreshments.
Hi, I'm Jane and I'm a professional photographer and tutor. I've liked photography since I was a teenager but now I absolutely love it! It's such a wonderful skill to be able to create photographs that tell a story, really connect with people and often become a precious memory.
One of my favourite quote is from David Alan Harvey, "Don't shoot what it feels like, shoot what it feels like." And that's what I will show you how to do in this workshop.