This workshop is hosted by the Shropshire Falconry Centre. There is a wide range of hawks, eagles, falcons and owls, many of which are award-winning and used to posing in ‘in the wild’ settings. There will also be a session for the more adventurous where you can capture birds in flight. The staff at the centre are very experienced at working with photographers and will be guiding you on how to get the best shots. I will be on hand to advise on camera settings, lenses and focusing techniques.
The programme for the day is as follows but there will be lots of flexibility to adapt it on the day*.
- Welcome and an introduction to birds of prey photography.
- Morning session: posed portraits with a variety of birds in natural settings.
- Lunch (please bring a packed lunch).
- Afternoon session: birds in flight.
- Bird selfies (a fun way to end the day!).