Thoroughly enjoyed Jane's 'Food Styling & Photography' Workshop. The session was well planned, set at a good pace and had plenty of content, with tips & tricks along the way. Jane was very person-centred in that she met everyone's different learning needs, whether that was someone with very basic digital camera skills (me) to another participant, who wanted more of a food styling and branding focus. Jane continued with the same enthusiasm and energy all day; wrapping the workshop up with an intro to an editing app. Made some great contacts and shared some fantastic ideas. Would definitely recommend any of Jane's photography courses - 100% !! Alison
Suitable for people with smartphones or cameras.
Saturday 1st April 2023. 10.30am-4.00pm. Northwich. SOLD OUT
Saturday 15th July 2023. 10.30am-4.00pm. Northwich.
Click on the date to book.
£195pp. 3 people max.
This workshop is a food photographers dream! I will teach you how to take mouth-watering food shots with your phone or camera.
By the end of the workshop you will know how to set up and style simple but stunning food shots, using a range of different backgrounds and props. You‘ll know which phone or camera settings to use and you will see a dramatic improvement in your photography and your confidence.
Here’s an idea of what you will learn:
- The best kit for photographing food (without spending a fortune).
- How to set up your shooting area.
- How to adapt the natural daylight to create light and bright or dark and moody shots.
- How to style the food and props.
- Simple composition techniques and getting creative with colour, texture and patterns.
- How to do simple edits, such as cropping, straightening, adding text and more, using freely available software.
Who the workshop is suitable for:
- Anyone starting out in food photography.
- Food bloggers.
- Food Instagrammers
- Restaurant, pub and cafe owners.
- Artisan bakers, cake makers and chefs.
- People who love cooking as a hobby and want to photograph and show off their masterpieces.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a camera, a smart phone will be fine – I will have spare cameras to use if you want to compare before you buy one.
The Love Your Lens natural light studio in Wincham, near Northwich. We have converted our garage into an ideal location for food photography. It's bright, airy and self-contained with cupboards stacked full of props and photography backdrops.
Included in the price of each course:
• Refreshments & a delicious lunch. • A digital copy of the course material •Membership of a private Facebook Group.
GIFT VOUCHERS are available. Contact me to buy your gift voucher.