I just wanted to say a big thank you for today’s course Jane, I really enjoyed it and learnt a lot. I can’t wait to practice tomorrow in the daylight! The new studio is great and you present the course brilliantly. Thanks again. Cath
Saturday 8th February 2020 BOOK NOW
Have you got a good camera but rarely dare venture off AUTO? Sometimes you get some good photos of the children but it’s more by luck than judgment? You know the camera is capable of much more, but you don’t know what all the menus and buttons do? If this is you, then you are not alone and this is the course for you.
On this half-day workshop you will learn how to use different camera settings to take great photographs of babies and children. You will see a dramatic improvement in your photography and your confidence.
Here’s an idea of what you will learn:
- The best kit for photographing children (without spending a fortune).
- How to make the best use of the available light and ensure the picture is correctly exposed.
- How to blur the background and get your subject to stand out.
- How to set your camera up for different sorts of shots (indoor shots, fast moving toddlers).
- Simple composition techniques.
- How to do simple edits, such as cropping, straightening, adding text and more, using freely available software. How to share and display your photographs.
Watch this short video to find out more.
Let’s Shoot The Kids £75 pp. Max 6 people.
10.00am-2.00pm. Light lunch and refreshments included.
Venue: Laburnum Cottage, nr Northwich, Cheshire, in a purpose-built natural light studio.
I attended Let’s Shoot The Kids after going on a couple of other photography courses, but with Jane’s workshop things seemed to make much more sense. Her introduction of ISO has, without question, transformed my photography, and the whole course was delivered in a clear, non-patronising way, where I felt able to ask questions without feeling I should know the answer. I would recommend Jane highly. Caroline.
“I was delighted to finally purchase a DSLR, but really we used it like a compact without any real knowledge of how to get those amazing shots. With a 2 year-old and a baby on its way, I attended Jane’s “Lets Shoot the Kids” course. This was a perfect course for me, a small and friendly group, not too long or overly complicated. I was quickly able to move off auto and experiment with different settings that weren’t so scary after all! I saw an immediate improvement in my photography and even when I take rubbish shots, I am now able to better understand what went wrong. I still have plenty to learn though and wouldn’t hesitate to attend another of Jane’s courses. Susie
Jane’s course gave me the knowledge and confidence to take my camera out of automatic mode and really start using it to get the shots I wanted. Together with her instruction on using software to edit my pictures I am able to produce pictures I am proud to hang on the walls of my house. Michelle
Included in the price of each course:
- Light lunch and refreshments.
- A digital copy of the course material.
- Membership of a private Facebook Group.
- Two weeks email support after the course.