These workshops are suitable for people with bridge cameras, D-SLRs or mirrorless cameras – the ones with the interchangeable lenses.
Jane is a great teacher! She explains things in a way that is easy to understand and the trip to Great Budworth was fantastic. The day was a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend the beginners course to anyone and I have already booked 2 more. Angela
Saturday 16th March 2019 BOOK NOW FULLY BOOKED.
Saturday 8th June 2019 BOOK NOW
Saturday 28th September 2019 BOOK NOW
Are you new to using a SLR or mirrorless camera, using it mainly on AUTO and don’t know what all the menus and buttons do? You like photography and want to get some great pictures when you’re out and about, with family, on holiday and during special occasions? You might be wondering whether you need to buy any new lenses or a tripod and want to avoid costly mistakes? If this is you then you’ve found the perfect workshop, combining a “classroom” session to get you confident using different camera settings, and a practical session outdoors in the nearby picturesque village of Great Budworth (weather permitting).
Here’s an idea of what will be covered:
- The best kit to get you started (without spending a fortune).
- How to shoot in all sorts of light conditions (indoors, outdoors, daytime, sunset, nighttime) and how to find the right kind of light for your shot.
- The best camera settings for different situations: portraits, action, landscape, still life, close up.
- Simple composition techniques.
- How to do simple edits, such as cropping, straightening, adding text and more, using freely available software.
- How to share and display your photographs.
I’ve loved photography for ages and was so pleased when we got our new camera, prior to a holiday! It was obvious from my first attempts that I needed expert help to quickly get to grips with all it could do! Jane’s course was perfect; she helped me understand what settings to use for different types of shots, without getting lost in jargon. I feel much more confident now and am loving photographing all sorts of subjects and usually not on AUTO! I’ve still got a way to go though, so I may be back again soon, Jane! Carolynne
Get Off Auto Beginners Workshop £90 pp.
10.00am-4.00pm. Light lunch and refreshments included.
Venue: near Northwich, Cheshire, in a purpose-built natural light studio (unless otherwise stated).
Included in the price of each course:
- Light lunch and refreshments.
- A digital copy of the course material.
- Membership of a private Facebook Group.
- Two weeks email support after the course.
- “Members Only” access to Love Your Lens Photography Resources
Thanks for such a well thought out introduction to using an SLR camera beyond auto! Your friendly and informal approach put us all at ease, the presentation covering the theory and the basics was perfectly balanced, putting those in to practice around Great Budworth was worth the chill and wrapping the course up with warm drinks in the pub was the cherry on the cake! Looking forward to practicing and booking on the Improvers course! Mel